Discovery & planning is an essential part of a cloud migration. A Microsoft Cloud Assessment explores your cloud readiness, aligns digital transformation with business outcomes, and provides you with a roadmap for transitioning to Microsoft 365.
What is a Microsoft Cloud Assessment?
We offer Cloud Assessment services exploring Office 365 and Microsoft Azure. Assessments are tailored to your specific requirements, with an emphasis on those areas most appropriate to your particular environment. They address the breadth of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure and provide an in-depth review of systems, security, governance and utilisation, and how best to prepare for a cloud migration.
Organisations that participate in our Cloud Assessment workshops gain a holistic view of their IT estate and cloud technology that results in a seamless cloud migration, maximises their investment and enables users to quickly get the productivity, collaboration and mobility benefits of their new technology.
We may challenge some of your assumptions and ask you to view technology from a different perspective; with the aim of giving you a clearer understanding of what the cloud can do for your business and how IT can help you achieve your goals.
The service includes:
- Briefing call: a 60 minute Microsoft Teams call with introductions, background to the organisation and understanding priorities and knowledge across the service.
- Day 1 – Onsite or Virtual Workshop: a deep dive into Office 365, your technology environment and what you want to achieve.
- Day 2 – Decision Support: we document notes and research from Day 1. You will receive a detailed report providing a roadmap for a successful migration, and access to our Microsoft experts to support key decision making.
Want to find out more? Book a discovery call to explore the benefits of a Cloud Assessment
Please select a date and time using our appointments calendar below.
Day 1 - Onsite or virtual workshop
Following an initial briefing call, which enables us to tailor the workshop day to your needs, our Cloud Assessment service typically covers the following key areas:
A Day in the Life of Office 365Introduction to the features of Office 365 and how it would work for your business, with a ‘Day in the life of Office 365’ demonstration and a high-level overview of how your business would migrate to the platform.
Infrastructure OverviewWe review your existing on-premise infrastructure to assess how to move to Office 365
Current Challenges: Understanding the challenges affecting the business and the impact on IT; how well does IT align with business objectives; remote working; mobility; support; costs.
Demonstration of the capabilities of AzureIncludes an introduction to Microsoft Azure and how it would work in your business, its capabilities and workloads that can be moved to Azure.
Azure benefits to your businessDiscuss costs of current infrastructure; flexibility and benefits of moving resources to Azure.
Infrastructure reviewReview of existing on-premise infrastructure to assess how a move to Azure would take place.
Current Challenges: Challenges affecting the Business and IT and how Azure might help; cost savings; speed to react; scalability; security; current load on infrastructure.
We’ll show how to review licenses and assess functionality and appropriateness to your organisation, including:
- Review current license consumption
- Assess utilisation and optimisation
- Discuss how to implement features that are not in use
For Azure, we’ll also show how to analyse monthly spend for Cost Management.
- Are resources being used efficiently?
- Could virtual machines be powered off when not in use?
- Using Cost Management to review current subscription and usage
- Review spending for last 6 months.
Secure Score Analysis
This assesses your tenant against a security baseline. We’ll take you through each Secure Score focus area and:
- Show how to assess your Secure Score
- Review each item, discuss the implications and actions
- Provide recommendations to help improve your overall
Office 365 security
This review will also highlight how to assess and improve Azure security postures.
- Security discussion around issues affecting Azure and how to mitigate threats.
- Evaluate 3rd party security products that maybe appropriate.
Our review will show how to ensure that Office 365 is configured correctly:
- Review Email security.
- Identify security incidents and ensure current configuration meets requirements – would a 3rd party solution be beneficial
- If using a 3rd party security solution, is it configured optimally.
Client access and application
Is your business taking advantage of all mobile productivity benefits and the latest Office 365 applications. Here we’ll:
- Discuss how Office 365 is consumed – via mobile device, on the web or via desktop clients
- How you secure access
For Azure, the assessment includes a review and evaluation of overall governance and makes recommendations for improvement.
- How to review Azure instance against Microsoft and industry best practice.
- Review your company IT governance and security policies for compliance in Azure.
- Role Based Access – we’ll also ensure that Role Based Access is configured to enable appropriate administrator and user access and make recommendations as to how this can be improved.
- Azure Resource Graph – here we’ll explore all your cloud resources and determine how your cloud inventory can be managed more effectively. This will be reviewed with you and analysed.
- Networking – an overview of Azure virtual networks and site to site or Expressroute connections.